Sentence Completion is a sub-section of the Verbal Battery, which tests your child’s vocabulary, as well as his/her comprehension of ideas, efficiency, and verbal memory, and ability to discover word relationships.
In the Sentence Completion sub-section, students are asked to choose the word that best completes the sentence. This sub-section starts at the Grade 3 Level.
Grade 3 Level
1. The icy sidewalk was_____and I almost fell while walking to school.
2. My dad received a_____card on his birthday.
3. John and his friends crossed a _____when they drove over a lake.
4. Katie could not _____the expensive dress she wanted for the dance party.
5. The tulips were in full _____for the spring flower show.
6. The sky looked _____because a storm was quickly approaching.
7. Karen had to _____cake pops for the end-of-school year party.
8. The electrician had to_____the wires to make the lights work.
9. The Canadian soldiers had to report for _____to protect our country.
10. Sara could not get into her house because the key did not fit into the_____.
11. The farm animals were_____because Tom had forgotten to feed them in over a week.
12. Mr.Trupe told the class to _____when the principal arrived.
13. Henry’s mother needed to_____Henry’s shirt because it has a hole in it.
14. Uncle Jon puts_____on the traps to catch the mice.
15. If we want to protect planet Earth, we should not _____the water.
16. Janice’s family stayed in a_____when they were on vacation.
c) movie theater
d) party room
17. Alvina_____the idea of whether aliens really exist.
18. The birds _____twigs and leaves to create a nest for the babies.
19. The lifeguard _____a rope to the swimmer’s life jacket to pull him to safety.
20. Dr. Strange has a _____schedule next week.
Grade 4 Level
1. Tommy wants to buy the latest phone, but it is very _____.
2. The students in Mrs. Fiona’s class were very _____to go on a field trip.
3. After Rebecca’s eye surgery, she made a _____recovery.
4. During the trial, the judge called the _____to the stand.
5. The _____for not studying for a test is a failing grade.
6. After a successful landing, the _____clapped for a long time.
7. _____Peter loves music, he doesn’t like the drums.
8. Watching the sun set on the _____was beautiful.
9. According to the _____, Dr. Mary is not free until next Friday.
10. In Science class, students put the same weight on each side of the scale to _____it.
11. At the dinner party, the band was playing _____music in the background.
12. Mrs. Jones asked for a written _____when I was absent from school.
13. Octopus has eight_____.
14. Carolina purchased a silk rug with _____around the edges.
15. During a thunder storm, we saw a _____of lightning in the sky.
16. During an election, people _____for individuals to represent them in the government.
17. She loves singing, but she did not make it into the second_____.
18. The child’s smile turned into a sad _____when he dropped his candy.
19. Jenny’s grandma was _____that she could not get out of bed.
20. The scientific experiment clearly _____how water turns into gas at high temperatures.
Book A Private Tutor Today!
Receive personally tailored Gifted lessons from exceptional tutors in a one-on-one setting. Unlike traditional tutorint, when you have your child work with a gifted and talented tutor, your child will be able to fully explore multiple topics in a new way. Our team of gifted tutors offers flexible scheduling and your choice of locations. Rates start at $35/hr.