Montessori Movable Alphabets Words Spelling Phonics Game
Montessori’s Moveable Alphabet is an exciting transition for many young children. These wooden upper and lower case characters are used as a tool in a Montessori learning environment to teach reading, spelling, and writing for pre-schoolers and elementary children. Differ from traditional moveable alphabets, this set of wooden phonics spelling game has combined moveable alphabets with 33 double-sided spelling cards (66 words) with beautifully illustrated images and a wooden stand to keep young children engaged. This set of wooden alphabets phonics spelling game is a a great learning toy for your home, homeschool, classroom, playroom, or Montessori shelf.
Estimated delivery by August 5 - August 11
There are 3 ways to play - each getting progressively harder. This is a hands-on learning toy that could grow from your child from toddler to preschoolers to elementary grades.
1. Alphabets recognition and phonics: With 26 pieces of upper case capital letters and 52 pieces of lower case letters, your child would get a sensory memory of what the alphabets look like. They could also do upper and lower case matching, or use these carefully crafted wooden alphabets for initial and ending letter sound activities or Montessori phonics games.
2. Alphabets-word card matching: When your child is ready to spell, he/she could match up the wooden alphabets with the word cards. Each word card is paired up with a beautifully illustrated picture. This helps your child with spelling and expanding his/her vocabularies.
3. Spelling game: Place the word cards into the wooden stand, with only the picture exposed. Ask your child to name the picture and sound it out using phonics to pick up the correct alphabets to be placed on the stand. This is a self correcting learning activity - your child may take out the word card to check his/her spelling when he/she is done.
This Montessori toy also develops patience, hand-eye coordination, and fine motor skills. Upper and lower case alphabets are painted in two different shades of orange, making it easy to distinguish for little kids.
- 33 illustrated word cards double sided (66 words)
- 26 pieces of upper case wooden alphabets
- 52 pieces of lower case wooden alphabets
- Wooden stand
- Storage Bag
Wooden stand and movable alphabets are made of high quality wood coated with non-toxic paint. This set of wooden Montessori toy is built to be durable and long-lasting. Smooth edges and corners. Word cards are professionally printed with non-toxic ink and laminated.
Size of wooden stand: 7.8cm x 16.5cm x 6.5cm
Size of wooden moveable alphabets: 3cm x 2cm x 0.5cm
Size of word cards: 5.5cm x 20cm
This toys is intended for 36 months+ and contain small pieces that might cause choking hazards for young children, parental supervision is advised.